Language, was Re: [lbo-talk] stats (beheadings)

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Wed Mar 30 09:58:37 PST 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> . . .anyone who could cut off
> someone's head with a knife held in his bare hands is so debased that
> it messes with one's political clarity about the war.

Such people are obnoxious, we can agree on that. But let's see if we can word it so it won't interfere _so much_ at least with political clarity.

The U.S. in its 55 year war on the Mideast has finally succeeded in unleashing a pack of fucking religious fanatics and murderers on the world, and every day that the u.s. stays in the Mideast increases the power and numbers of thos fucking thugs. We've got to push the u.s. out to leave room for the mass of mideast people to handle these thugs. They may or may not be able to do so in this generation, but those thugs will always remain dominant while the u.s. remains there.

No apologies needed for murderous fanatics, and it doesn't obscure the basic politics.

Carrol