[lbo-talk] Laura Bush describes self as "desperate housewife"

B. docile_body at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 21:18:48 PDT 2005

'Desperate Housewife' Laura Grabs Stage from Bush

Sun May 1, 2005 08:21 AM ET

By Karey Wutkowski

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - First Lady Laura Bush grabbed the stage from President Bush at the White House correspondents annual dinner on Saturday and confessed to all his early bedtimes had turned her into a "desperate housewife."

[...]

"I said to him the other day, 'George, if you really want to end tyranny in this world, you're going to have to stay up later,"' Laura Bush said. "Nine o'clock and Mr. Excitement here is in bed, and I am watching 'Desperate Housewives' -- with Lynne Cheney. Ladies and gentlemen, I am a desperate housewife."

[...]

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle.jhtml;jsessionid=5AMIG4CS44AKKCRBAELCFEY?type=topNews&storyID=8353484