[lbo-talk] How Americans would respond

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Mon May 2 07:56:26 PDT 2005

-clip-

But just recall the complaints when I quoted Chomsky's claim that the US is "incomparably more civilized" than it was a generation ago. No, no, can't be! Things have gotten so much worse!!

Doug

^^^^^ CB: Can't we apply the anti-"either/or" approach.

Crisis for humanity :Things are more dangerous than ever before and there is more opportunity than ever before.

The Bush regime has much more powerful weapons than the fascists had; yet with globalization, the world wide web of labor is objectively more interconnected than ever before. If we can just raise the subjective factor in the latter, we can defeat the Evil Empire, and it will be a _world_ revolution.