[lbo-talk] evo psych: balderdash

Chris Doss lookoverhere1 at yahoo.com
Wed May 4 10:54:42 PDT 2005

--- Michael Dawson <MDawson at pdx.edu> wrote:

> > --- andie nachgeborenen
> > <andie_nachgeborenen at yahoo.com> wrote:

> What is the CNS of a hunter-gatherer? Don't we also
> have the CNS of serfs,
> slaves, capitalists, workers, etc?

Rover says: What is the CNS of a pack hunter? Don't we also have the CNS of circus dogs, police dogs, house pets, etc? Woof, woof.

Obviously Justin is correct in a broad sense, or behavior patterns would be identical across species. Although certainly if human females went into uncontrolled estrus during definite periods of the year that would definitely improve my chances of getting laid, that just ain't so.

Hunter-gatherer was the base species ecological niche, as far as we know, and unless human beings are miraculously exempt from the evolutionary process, that is the still the base niche, I mean, the context in which almost all of the basic human behavior patterns developed and in a certain sense what we still are. I emphasize: BASIC. Like doginess can take many forms, so can humanness, but much more so given our intellectual and emotional complexity.

Nu, zayats, pogodi!

__________________________________ Yahoo! Mail Mobile Take Yahoo! Mail with you! Check email on your mobile phone. http://mobile.yahoo.com/learn/mail