[lbo-talk] evo psych: balderdash

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 4 11:12:25 PDT 2005

Carrol Cox wrote:

>Of course we are biological organisms, but evolutionary psychology like
>Freudianism is a vulgar biological reduction.

Freudianism is biological reduction? I could swear that neurotransmitter explanations of affective disorders would qualify as biological reduction, and maybe even the vulgar kind, and certainly evo psych could qualify, but how is psychoanalysis "biological"? Or did you just hit a macro key and autotype one of your rude dismissive formulations?

Doug