[lbo-talk] alt-porn & explicit content

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed May 4 11:59:39 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: joanna To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 9:55 AM Subject: Re: [lbo-talk] alt-porn & explicit content

> Leigh Meyers wrote:
>
>> This just in from another list...
>>
>> Really, not for MOST offices...
>>
> Not for lbo either so far as I'm concerned.
>
> Joanna

Sorry... But a previous discussion on this topic included a link to a particular site where I happen to know a girl that's posed for them... fatalbeauty. Her parents were big time crank dealers around here... actually, still are, and she glommed onto me as some sort of father figure/stabilizer while she was living on the street. She had the habit, left home at 16 and hooks for a living. Fatalbeauty didn't do her any good, it's absolutely an extension of the life she's already living... living hell.

She lives in a hostel cum whorehouse in SF now, and she's moved on to some other"alt--porn" site that may make more money for her than turning tricks. But probably not.

What makes the site I've posted a damn bit more distasteful? Because you don't have to pay $$$ to see samples of the offerings?

I posted a *plain warning 2X*...

Personally, Id like to see warnings about someone flogging barechested boys, but no one cared too much about the topic of degradation when the thread was going recently.

I want to know the criteria you are judging my post by, or are you just hypocritically knee-jerking because the site appears to be aimed at a hetero audience?

I am sorry to whomever was offended by the content of the WHOLE THREAD, but I am *not sorry* for the content of my thread as considered in a vacumn.

Porn is a commodity, and always has been... as such it can never be "alt". The people in the industry are truly victims in denial, and to see any aspect of it glamourized depresses me.

Leigh