[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Wed May 4 15:13:13 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: BklynMagus To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Wednesday, May 04, 2005 12:58 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

> Dear List:
>
> Leigh writes:
>
> Porn is a commodity, and always has
> been . . . as such it can never be "alt".
>
> Huh? Plenty of porn is alt.
>
>> The people in the industry are truly
> victims in denial . . .
>
> You sound like Benedict XVI and all
> the other popes. Just substititue
> queers: "Queers are victims in denial
> of . . ."
>
> There is no denial -- just an expression
> of sexuality.
>
> Why are you so hostile to sexual
> expression? How do we train and teach
> others about the proper way to engage
> in various kinks (from mild to wild)
> without porn and workshops?
>
> We don't need judgement; we need
> liberty.
>
> Brian Dauth
> Queer Buddhist Resister

1: How much do you pay for your ... "toys"?

Commodification...

2: "Alt" means something different to you than I in relation to how people make the money to survive and conform with the material standards required to live above poverty.There's nothing "alt" about renting a flat for a weekend or a month and doing a shoot. That's the "industry" Baby!

Mainstream moneymaking. For people who think they are different.

3: You seem to assume I'm some puritan, you are wrong... I just see some of the destructive and self-destructive tendencies of the "terms and conditions", so to speak, of parts of these lifestyles... and I don't want that issue to go unchallenged.

4: I wasn't queerbashing. You are making an unjustifiable logical leap.

I'm sex industry bashing.

Because "industry" it is.

What makes *IT* socially and culturally more useful and humanistic than the military industrial complex is for some *other* interest group?

5: Your right... We need liberty... Do we need an industry that milks it like a "cash cow" as well?

Leigh