[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Wed May 4 17:01:28 PDT 2005

joanna wrote:

>Yes, they are. Now are sex workers victims? It's a rarefied argument
>when we talk about the $700/eve escorts. But how about the twelve
>year old girls? or the nineteen year olds and the $20 blow jobs?

A word or two from the workers themselves, perhaps?

<http://www.leftbusinessobserver.com/Radio.html#050324>

March 24, 2005 Simon Head, author of an excellent roundup-on Wal-Mart in the New York Review of Books (which prompted a two-page rebuttal ad from Wal-Mart!) and of The New Ruthless Economy, on what's wrong with Wal-Mart * three staffers from $pread magazine (Mary Christmas, Eliyanna, and Mercedes) on sex work