[lbo-talk] Ev-psych and sci-fi

Luke Weiger lweiger at umich.edu
Wed May 4 17:15:03 PDT 2005

Chris, I've also thought (though not particularly deeply) before about how we owe our technological sophistication to a large number of traits and contigencies other than high IQ.

Another sci-fi thought (in this case, a prediction): within the next century or two, we'll be to rejigger genes such that some of our test-tube creations will become secular saints in pretty much every standard environment. We still won't be able to rejigger social relations such that every person becomes a secular saint. (Though if you were to consider mass involuntary brain surgery a change in social relations...)

-- Luke