[lbo-talk] Re: alt-porn & explicit content

BklynMagus magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Thu May 5 08:19:04 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Leigh writes:

> No one's calling anyone a Nazi, although
queerbashing has been bandied about this thread for reasons never made clear, by Brian Dauth "Buddist Resister" (quotes intentional). I'm still ROTFLM M/F AO about *that* slur.

No slur -- just a statement of fact. Queer encompasses same-sex attraction, kinksters, sex workers (John Rechy for one only had sex for money -- it was integral element of the turn on for him). Laugh all you want, but hate against gays is like hate against sex workers: it is based on a disapproval of how people are deploying their sexuality. I do not understand why it is so difficult to see that.

> in context to the the point being made, that
liking a job doesn't indicate that it's ultimately beneficial to the worker, or for that matter the "client"

You still have yet to demonstrate how sex work is harmful in any way unique from those ways any work under the capitalist system can be. Your objection still seems to be centered on sex and not work itself.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister