[lbo-talk] Fun with Wikipedia

Tom Walker timework at telus.net
Thu May 5 08:28:00 PDT 2005

Last October I noticed that Wikipedia had an entry on the lump-of-labour fallacy, an obscure matter about which I know quite a bit. So I added a few paragraphs to balance off the received ideas that were inelegantly parroted in the entry. A week ago, a self-described "PhD candidate" and guardian of the status quo deleted my edits and offered his or her expert opinion on my lack of credentials and faulty logic. Not being one to carry on debates with ignoramouses, I'm walking away from that futility but not before offering LBO subscribers the titillating opportunity to view a real-life re-enactment of the Monty Python argument clinic sketch. The numbered points are mine; the indented responses were added by the deletist "PhD candidate." My only question is what motivates such ferocious attachment to... what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Talk:Lump_of_labour_fallacy#What_is_wrong_with_this_article.3F

The Sandwichman