[lbo-talk] Chip Berlet in the news

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu May 5 10:14:23 PDT 2005

Michael Pollak wrote:

>I think at least theoretically, this is the key bridge bridge
>between science and religion. They both hold it to be one of their
>highest principles that we can be never be certain.

That's true of some religions, but for others they're dead certain - e.g., Pope Ratso, who now sits in a throne that claims infallibility, or those evangelicals who know they're going to heaven and we're going to hell. I've seen evangelicals claim biblical justification for supply-side economics. They've created their own theme parks because they don't like the dinosaur narratives in secular venues. If only they were more humble.

Doug