[lbo-talk] If Blair wins, what conclusions should be reached?

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Thu May 5 11:18:59 PDT 2005

Events may swiftly make this irrelevant but still...

During the run up to the US presidential election, on several occasions (at least two of which happened on Doug's show) Tariq Ali stated his belief that -- well known problems with the opposition candidates aside -- it was important to defeat the architects of the Iraq war, *to prove it can be done* and to demonstrate a clear NO! to the idea of preemptive war and the almost insanely absurd lies used to justify it.

We know how things turned out in the US.

Now Mr. Blair faces an election. A lot of blood stained water has flowed under the bridge since he co-signed War Plan Iraq. If he wins an *unprecedented third term* what lessons should we draw about people's tolerance of BS (or estrangement from a cause and effect understanding of reality) in not one, but two of the major Western democracies?

.d.