[lbo-talk] From failed, surreal dreams to a plague of fantasies

Dennis Perrin dperrin at comcast.net
Sat May 7 09:29:50 PDT 2005

> That's an incredibly ignorant, reactionary statement.
>
> Perhaps your tastes are the problem.
>
> Chuck

Please, Chuck, do share with us your radical taste in contemporary porn. Do you like women whose throats are crammed with two cocks at the same time, causing them to gag, retch, and vomit? Or perhaps you jerk off to women who are verbally abused by men off-screen ("Eat his dick you fucking cunt!") while men onscreen yank their hair back in order to shoot cum into their eyes? I'm sure you probably cream while watching guys high-five each other as they take turns shoving enormous dildoes into a "first timer's" asshole, calling her a bitch and a cooz and laughing about what a servile cunt she is.

I've seen the above scenarios, and worse, and you're right, it ain't my taste.

And I wonder what kind of message teen boys get about women when they watch shit like this.

I've seen hundreds upon hundreds of hours of porn -- from 1973 to now, from stag reels on 8 mm to amateur DVDs. I've interviewed women in the industry, both actresses and producers. I have friends who've worked in the porn film industry. I've been panels debating about and defending porn. Just recently, I had a pleasant couple of days exchanging emails with Nina Hartley. So, I think I have some idea about what's out there, from yesterday to today. And the bulk of current commercial porn, when not repetitive and boring, is tasteless, demeaning, and disgusting.

But then, if you like that kind of crap, it's not.

DP