[lbo-talk] Marriage and Prostitution

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun May 8 00:41:08 PDT 2005

You did not read what I wrote. Let's try again:

"if we are only allowed to discuss prostitution (of any kind) as a value-neutral activity, then I do not see any basis for a critique of capitalism."

The way I read it, the prostituting of mind, body, soul, heart, whatever....whether in a brothel, factory, board room, etc., is not value neutral. Whether workers or sex workers are unionized or not, prostitution and exploitation is still taking place.

Unions allow workers to organize and gives them a means to make their condition as good as possible within Capitalism, but it does not allow anyone to change the fundamentally alienating and prostituting nature of this system.

Joanna