[lbo-talk] I love you, no shit. Buy your own f****** psychotherapy.

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Sun May 8 19:37:47 PDT 2005

An allusion I was making on the "alt" porn thread, sick societies develop sick people. (and from sick minds, come sick ideas...)

Welcome to America...

>From Harper's Index, April 2005:
http://harpers.org/HarpersIndex2005-04.html

<...> Percentage of U.S.-born Mexican Americans who have suffered from some psychological disorder: 48 [National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Md.)]

Percentage of Mexican immigrants who have: 29 [National Institutes of Health (Bethesda, Md.)]

Percentage of Mexico City residents who have: 23 [Instituto Nacional de Psiquiatría Ramón de la Fuente (Mexico City)] <...>

A while back I read that there were studies done of Jamaican immigrants in Britain, and Jamaicans that live in Jamaica... The incidence of schizophrenia was considerably higher for the immigrant group... with remission or reversal on return to Jamaica being quite common.

Leigh