[lbo-talk] Abu Ghraib inspires artist Fernando Botero

Cseniornyc at aol.com Cseniornyc at aol.com
Mon May 9 01:44:10 PDT 2005

And where was "Senor" Botero during Stalingrad,Guernica,etc...... What kind of comment is this? Do you Senor Dawson expect him to be everywhere, every time genocide is committed? I am usually, for reasons of time, just a lurker, but I have been observing with curiosity and indignation how Michael Dawson systematically attacks everyone in the left from Churchill, other members of the list and now Fernando Botero,so I couldn't resist this time. I don't remember him pursuing right wingers with the same zest. Amazing! Fernando Botero is just trying to be a good artist: someone who comments on the big events of our times, who offers visions and new perspectives on them with a good command of visual technique. Why aren't American artists pursuing the themes of empire is a good question? Cristobal Senior NYC -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20050509/e93de143/attachment.htm>