[lbo-talk] Re: An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movement for United Demonstrations in the Fall

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Tue May 10 07:06:50 PDT 2005

Chuck0 wrote:

>Whether we agree or disagree with Jacobs on his call

To make the antiwar movement into an antiimperialist movement? I see a couple of problems with this: the antiwar movement is moribund, so it's not clear what would be transformed in this move, and if something as specific as opposition to the war in Iraq is so troubled, why would increasing the vagueness of the target (how do people not obsessed with these things understand imperialism anyway?) increase the political traction of the movement?

Doug