[lbo-talk] politics shocker: Dems resist neutering (for now)

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:48:43 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood posts:

> Washington Post - May 10, 2005
>
> A GOP Plan to 'Fix' the Democrats
> By E. J. Dionne Jr.
>
> The stakes in politics are about to get a lot higher.
>

> In fact, every one of today's fights can be seen as a response to
> something that happened in the 1990s.

I always knew the dems were reactionary.

It will be their demise... the repubs offer options that appear to be "new"(like cryptofascism), while the democrats fight old, already capitulated battles.

A good way to win alot of nothing, except press attention.

What are they gonna say?

"We went along because it seemed like a good idea at the time... but we don't think it's a good idea at *this* time, so we are going to spend the next century or two unwinding the damage our collective management of the U.S. government and it's policies has caused"?

[snicker loudly, guffaw guffaw...]

Leigh