[lbo-talk] politics shocker: Dems resist neutering (for now)

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Tue May 10 15:31:06 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

> On 5/10/05, Chuck0 <chuck at mutualaid.org> wrote:
>
> A good imitation of a Trotskyist sectarian newspaper or leaflet
> claiming that the masses having seen through their previous
> parliamentary cretinism are chomping at the bit to commit acts of
> sabotage.

??

What does this vague insult have to do with anything happening on the ground right now?

> Have you read anything on how American political
> consciousness/culture has been formed and deformed? With actual survey
> data instead of wishful thinking?

Surveys don't measure what real dissidents are thinking and doing. I'll relay on my connection to the global movements to give me data on what's really going on. Dumping more URLs on us isn't going to change what I'm hearing from other activists.

> Studies on how social movements grow
> and die? Accts. like Piven and Cloward's, "Poor People's Movements, "
> or, "The War Within, " by Tom Wells on the anti-Vietnam War movement?

I've been an activist for over 20 years. I'm familiar with the literature, thank you.

Chuck