[lbo-talk] An Appeal to the U.S. Antiwar Movementfor UnitedDemonstrations in the Fall

Nathan Newman nathanne at nathannewman.org
Wed May 11 10:57:44 PDT 2005

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chuck0" <chuck at mutualaid.org> -We have the numbers to completely fuck up the war supply chain. We can -monkeywrench the war effort in our communities. This is possible and -it's an outrage that the anti-war liberal hypocrites aren't trying it.

No, you don't have the numbers to mess up the war supply chain. Counter-recruiting is a fine tactic, but if that's all you mean, it's again just bombastic rhetoric-- and the liberals have been fighting over recruiting for a long time. A bunch of liberal law types have been litigating keeping the military off campuses for quite a while.

But you don't have any ability to stop actual armaments from going anywhere. It's all just evidence of failure to actually recruit broad political mobilization to discuss that crap.

Nathan Newman