[lbo-talk] NYT gazes at navel, sees lint

joanna 123hop at comcast.net
Sun May 15 11:03:09 PDT 2005

>> From: Doug Henwood <dhenwood at panix.com>
>>
>>> And, sorry to be so conventional, but a lot of the stuff in the NYT
>>
>> isn't lies. Most of it is true, in some sense.

Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug. Just to take the latest example: What kind of "true" is it to say that Bill Gates and I belong in the same quintile so far as income and wealth is concerned?

I read the NYT mostly to get the drift of where they want to push us next and to get a whiff of whatever intracapitalist infighting is going on. And, of course, for Paul Krugman.

Speaking of which...no one on LBO has commented on the United Pension move that is going on, which is probably as important as was breaking the air traffic controllers' strike....

Guys? Are you ready for the next step in the ruination of American workers?

Joanna