[lbo-talk] more class!

snitsnat snitilicious at tampabay.rr.com
Sun May 15 17:24:04 PDT 2005

At 06:18 PM 5/15/2005, joanna wrote:

>I take the current series on "class" in the NYT to betray a certain
>nervousness. Haven't read enough to understand what the nervousness is
>about. From where I sit, it looks like they have it all sewn up.

The last time the major papers and weeklies did anything on class and income inequality, it was in the mid-nineties, when people were realizing that, the kind of instability many manual laborers had been experiencing for decades in the rustbelt was hitting professionals and managerial workers during the "jobless recovery" of the early 90s.

kelley

"We live under the Confederacy. We're a podunk bunch of swaggering pious hicks."

--Bruce Sterling