[lbo-talk] The Uzbek tinderbox - for Dwayne and Chris

Dwayne Monroe idoru345 at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 13:36:58 PDT 2005

Peter Lavelle:

Your comments are very welcomed by me - and I think your discussion is spot on. However, please remember I have to middle pitch much of my work to be published. I have been turned down in the recent past for pitching things too high (and too political).

Thanks Peter.

And thanks also for reminding me that to get widely published, writers who tackle complex, difficult or unfamiliar topics often have to smooth out a lot of nuance and suppress observations that might make their publishers uncomfortable.

I do forget this and as a result often end up confused by the frustratingly mild tone of some of my favorite writers when they're featured in corporate media.

.d.