[lbo-talk] Fwd: REVEREND BILLY

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Mon May 16 19:29:10 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood:

> I have nothing against snazzy launch parties or the
> use of publicists, but I've never presumed to urge
> people to stop shopping either.

What about public space and 1st Amendment issues?

You make it sound as if he's a "one issue" nuisance.

Not as important as organizing workers to make more $$$ so they can spend more money and support the criminal syndicate in suits (wall street & the financial markets)?

And how DOES Karl M rationalize supporting the capitalist system via crass consumerism, conspicuous connsumption & derivative markets, anywhoo?

Inquiring minds want to know?

"We believe that your way of life itself is unnecessary, ugly, and un-American. We cannot condone your present operations; they should be wiped off the slate." -- Paul Goodman, Speaking to the National Security Industrial Association, October 1967

Leigh