[lbo-talk] Fwd: REVEREND BILLY

lbo at inkworkswell.com lbo at inkworkswell.com
Tue May 17 14:58:19 PDT 2005

http://inkworkswell.com/downloads/Picturesque_America.html

i dig old advertising. saw this a few weeks ago and meant to post it. this thread reminded me of it. it's called "Picturesque America," originally published in _Men, Women, and Mirth_.

*sigh* Makes me homesick for the 19th century buildings that line Main st. in my hometown -- though we didn't have population density and hustle-n-bustle depicted in this image.

Does anyone know what the sign in the upper right third is referring to? It says:

FATAL WEDDING RYE

The Kind without the tremens. Not a lizard in a barrel of it.

(!!)

LOve it: the Schenectedy to Troy endurance trail -- for any of you Capitol Region NYers. :)