[lbo-talk] FATAL WEDDING RYE

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue May 17 17:59:20 PDT 2005

lbo at inkworkswell.com:

> http://inkworkswell.com/downloads/Picturesque_America.html
>
> Does anyone know what the sign in the upper right third is referring
> to? It says:
>
> FATAL WEDDING RYE
>
> The Kind without the tremens. Not a lizard in a barrel of it.
>
> (!!)

Ergot Poisoning. Ergot grows on rye.

It causes delirium tremens, convulsions and death.

Not sure about the lizard reference. Perhaps it means no turd contamination in the rye flour, but a weird way to word it.

I'll comment more on the Rev Billy thread in a bit... Just got back from harrassing peds and traffic... it was lucrative today, got invited to an armistice day event with some local vets...

Leigh