[lbo-talk] Galloway to Senate: FOAD

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Wed May 18 07:52:00 PDT 2005

>From: Dwayne Monroe <idoru345 at yahoo.com>
>
>I don't know very much about George Galloway; I'm sure some listmember
>within the
>virtual sound of my voice knows a great deal more and, if the spirit moves
>her/him, will share some hero halo shattering details.

[One PR vulnerability is Galloway's personal life. It's probably just as well that his wife didn't appear in the Senate yesterday as a character witness.]

May 01, 2005

Galloway’s wife seeks divorce on election eve

Nick Fielding

GEORGE GALLOWAY, the controversial leader of the Respect party, is facing a damaging divorce action on the eve of the election.

His Palestinian-born wife questions how he can call the party Respect when she claims he has been disrespectful to her by having a series of friendships with other women.

Amineh Abu-Zayyad has told The Sunday Times she can no longer tolerate his behaviour and will be contacting solicitors this week.

She says she has received a number of phone calls from women who claim to have had romantic links with him. She adds that Galloway has tried to smooth things over by telling her it is a plot by an unnamed intelligence service to discredit him. ...

<http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2087-1592907,00.html>

Galloway's reaction at <http://news.scotsman.com/politics.cfm?id=536252005>

Carl