[lbo-talk] Re: a pornography of power (not for the squeamish)

Brian Charles Dauth magcomm at ix.netcom.com
Wed May 18 21:38:09 PDT 2005

Dear List:

Joanna writes:

> Like Marilyn Monroe said in "All About Eve" --
"Why do they all look like sick rabbits?"

Miss Caswell: "Why do they always look like unhappy rabbits?" Addison DeWitt: "Because that is what they are my dear. Now go and make him happy."

Penned by Joseph L. Mankiewicz, maybe the most prominent Hollywood director to deal with issues of class in classical Hollywood cinema. More on this aspect of Mankiewicz in my article at http://www.sensesofcinema.com/contents/directors/05/mankiewicz.html

Also, if you ever have a chance to Allan Dwan's "The Inside Story" (1948) grab it. It is a Republic picture and a marvelous film about the need for money to shared among all people. Best of all, the film is narrated by two old men from inside a bank vault. Only at Republic!!. LOL.

Brian Dauth Queer Buddhist Resister