[lbo-talk] The material basis of Nazism

Charles Brown cbrown at michiganlegal.org
Thu May 19 06:45:30 PDT 2005

Marvin Gandall : -clip-

The article is another demonstration of how fascism, because of its popular base and social policies, is a more complex phenomenon than the authoritarian or imperialist regimes which have have been labelled as such in anger - including, most recently, the Bush administration.)

^^^^^ CB: Actually, a sober reading of the article does more to show that, shockingly, Nazis Germany had social policies to the left of the Bush regime ! The article certainly does not support the proposition that it is the "complexity" of the Nazi phenomenon that differentiates it from the U.S. today, as if the U.S. today is "simple" in comparison. The U.S. today is very complex and twisted.

Takes closing one's eyes to fail to notice the enormous social base that the fascistic U.S. forces have today.

On the other hand, it is certainly a "complexity" that the Nazis had more working class friendly social policies than the Bush administration. This article presents evidence that the Bush social policies are to the right of those of the Nazis, again, I say shockingly.

"I consider the Nazi regime as a dictatorship in the service of the people."

" its (Nazis") class awareness led it to tax in a way that benefited the weakest Germans."

These are not exactly arguments for the non-fascism of the Bush regime. The Bushites would be denouncing the Nazis as "liberals" ! Incredible ! This really justifies my calling the Bushites social fascists ! I'm going to save this article and use it in these arguments over the use of the term "fascistic" to refer to the rightwingers in the U.S. today.