[lbo-talk] The Air Force believes "we must establish and maintain space superiority, " Gen. Lance Lord, who leads the Air Force Space Command, told Congress recently.

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri May 20 07:06:31 PDT 2005

> Subject: [lbo-talk] The Air Force believes "we must establish and maintain
space
> superiority, " Gen. Lance Lord,who leads the Air Force Space Command, told
Congress
> recently.
>
> Read it and weep:
>

> http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/18/business/18space.html?pagewanted=print

I think it is yet another example of the theatrical militarism of the disintegrating evil empire. The ratfuckers know that they do not have enough, not even close, power to impose their will on the rest of the world - as clearly evidenced in Iraq, a third-rate third world country devastated by years of war and sanctions. If the US mercenaries have serious problems subduing even such a weak enemy, it is clear that they would miserably fail if faced by a more powerful opponent.

So they need to maintain an illusion of power by theatrical means - by tough talk and showmanship. "Weapons in space" may be effective against an otherwise comparable modern military that lacks the cutting edge, but it sis pretty much useless in the conflict the US mercenaries have been actually fighting and will likely to fight - guerilla warfare. The main effect of weapons in space is psychological - they project an aura of god-like power watching from above and ready to strike a blow.

However, more developed countries do not have to attack the US - all they need to do it to turn off the spigot of cash, oil and goodies that keep the evil empire going (which I hope to witness in my life time). Weapons in space will not do much to help in that situation.

Wojtek