[lbo-talk] REMINDER: Haiti After Aristide: A Grassroots Perspective, SAT May 21

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Fri May 20 11:23:27 PDT 2005

My point is that Aristide is not that Aristide is a "scumbag" but, a flawed leader and that by the end of his term alot of the Haitian left opposed Lavalas.

What is this Old Left defensiveness? Circle the wagons, don't admit what we say to each other in person, or offlist, 'cuz well what? Centrists and Rightists gets tons of ammo from your type of disingenuousness, trying to defend the indefensible whether about Alger Hiss or whatevah.

To paraphrase a book on New wave, "Like the New Left and the trots never existed." that is what I see in screeds like Lazare in the letters this week in The Nation.