[lbo-talk] Question to computer geeks

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri May 20 12:17:33 PDT 2005

---- Original Message ---- From: Wojtek Sokolowski To: lbo-talk at lbo-talk.org Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 12:00 PM Subject: [lbo-talk] Question to computer geeks

> Do you know of any professional quality program capable of generating
> publisher quality charts and graphs from spreadsheet data?
>
> I am currently using Excel which has the capacity of generating
> graphs from the data, but the quality is shit - maybe suitable for
> term papers but grossly inadequate when one tries to fit these
> graphics to a page layout.
>
> So I am looking for a truly professional tool (not the jack of all
> trades and master of none that Micro$oft dishes out) that will
> generate complex graphs from the data and will give me full
> flexibility to format these graphs to fit any page layout without
> changing fonts, dropping lines etc. (which Excel does).
>
> If you have any suggestions, please contact me off line.
>
> Wojtek

Openoffice has a presentation manager and a boatload of stuff I never use... V2 is still in beta. Wouldn't recommend for anything critical, it is a bit buggy. but the last v1 worked well. It does import exel spreadsheets and word .doc s

When they finally get v2 right, the user interface will be a little smoother and alot prettier.

Leigh