[lbo-talk] Question to computer geeks

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Fri May 20 12:00:16 PDT 2005

Do you know of any professional quality program capable of generating publisher quality charts and graphs from spreadsheet data?

I am currently using Excel which has the capacity of generating graphs from the data, but the quality is shit - maybe suitable for term papers but grossly inadequate when one tries to fit these graphics to a page layout.

So I am looking for a truly professional tool (not the jack of all trades and master of none that Micro$oft dishes out) that will generate complex graphs from the data and will give me full flexibility to format these graphs to fit any page layout without changing fonts, dropping lines etc. (which Excel does).

If you have any suggestions, please contact me off line.

Wojtek