[lbo-talk] The STFU left (Carrol's queries)

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Sun May 22 11:55:59 PDT 2005

Michael Pugliese wrote:

>Tom Ward. A mutual friend of Doug and I. Very smart, wickedly funny
>anarchist way into the Situationist International...and alcohol alas.
>A former writer for the Village Voice on music and politics.Got into a
>tangle with another, famous music critic for the VV leading to his
>firing.
>Struggling in SF with odd jobs and cockroach ridden hotels full of
>ex-cons who open beer bottles with large knives.

I haven't seen Tom Ward in more than 10 years. I never knew him well, but I liked the little I saw. He once told me I reminded him of Dwight MacDonald - and I don't think he meant it in an entirely flattering way.

On your other point, Dan Lazare is almost always right. About the only major disagreement I have with him is that he hates hip-hop.

Doug