[lbo-talk] RoseRussia: Polls Show Rise In Putin's Popularity, Support For 'Painful Reforms'

Adam Souzis adamsz at gmail.com
Sun May 22 12:11:16 PDT 2005

Do polls in russia really reflect the whole expanse of Russia or are they just representative of attitudes in Moscow/St. Petersburg, etc.? Even though I hear all sorts of stories about decrepit state of the body politic there from Russian friends (e.g. college students heroizing Stalin) it's still a bit surprising to hear that only 39% of Russians opposed having their right to vote for a governor taken away. (well, i'll be there in couple of weeks, maybe then it will seem less surprising).

-- adam