[lbo-talk] The STFU left

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 23 07:41:33 PDT 2005

Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> The only oases where anything left-of-the center still manages to hold to
> its dear life in this country are college campuses and bohemian quarters in
> a few larger cities - not to mention a few remaining holdouts in the
> Democratic party which will soon be voted out existence by this good
> god-fearing and celebrity-venerating folk.

Well, if you've convinced yourself that most Americans are flag-waving zombies who could never embrace leftism, then you can settle into your armchair for a long nap.

I've seen less pro-Bush stickers on cars around Kansas City. When you do see them, they are usually on a nice SUV with a bunch of magnetic ribbons, driven by older white people.

Most Americans hate Bush and the neocons. Now is the time to go out and talk to them about alternatives.

As for the anarchist movement, I'll just note that the most militant anarchist protests which happened last week occured in Houston, Palo Alto, and Kansas City.

Chuck