[lbo-talk] The STFU left

Chuck0 chuck at mutualaid.org
Mon May 23 19:08:28 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood wrote:

> Chuck0 wrote:
>
>> Most Americans hate Bush and the neocons.

> No, a lot do, not most. A lot of people like them too. You keep saying
> you don't see signs of pro-Bush feelings in Kansas, but he carried the
> state by a huge margin, no? And isn't KC a semi-blue enclave in Kansas?

Bush's popularity rating has dropped to 45%, so it's safe to say that many Americans do not like Bush. More importantly, I think even more Americans are disturbed by the right wing agenda. Of course, there are also many Americans who support the right wing, which means that we shouldn't be sitting on our hands right now.

Kansas City is a "purple" enclave within the so-called red states. Keep in mind that Oklahoma and Nebraska are much redder than Kansas and Missouri.

Chuck0