[lbo-talk] Vegetarians become part of the problem....

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue May 24 10:46:35 PDT 2005

Doug Henwood

> Leigh M isn't a Marxist revolutionary, if that's what you mean. He's
> got it out for the sex workers, too. I'm an enthusiastic carnivore
> myself, but blaming vegetarians for deforestation in Brazil is beyond
> loopy - it's like meat industry propaganda.
>
> Doug

As far as "marxist", no... Don't know any of those. Know a few that claim to be... but not me.

Revolutionary? Nah... maybe underachieving innovator.

Sex workers? What of it?

It's an industry based on repressive desublimination Doug. Ted Rosak had it right on the money in his analysis of Marcuse's use of the phrase. (Making of a Counterculture)

Or if you would... from sick minds come sick products.

...and that's not just the state of sex work, it's the state of most work currently available.

You want fries with that?

Any constructive critique, Doug? I *might* listen.

Read my posts, and respond to the issues.

While Chuck0 was out causing a ruckus, I was attending the local Armed Forces Day parade on invite from a guy who was in the 1st Air Cav in Vietnam, lost his son in PGW1, and works for a local org called Not This Time Vets. I postered apres' parade and met a 21 year old Chicano who is Mosul bound next month.... after pinning him down as to why? Newborn child and wife need health insurance.

I was saluted(military) twice by people in cars going by, I saluted back.

Chuck0's approach is different than mine(currently), but I suspect we're on the same side. How about you?

Why can't you talk to the issues?

Here's an issue: <...> Agreed, it's typically animal feed, which brings another issue to the forefront that is not addressed in the story at all... GMO Soybeans, and the pesticides that genetic modification provides resistance against. <...> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050516/010522.html

And...

<...> As far as that goes... pesticides, herbicides, and the GMO soy that can survive only with them(another example of the fittest being... not.) are part of the regime' that goes along with monocropping in the Amazon Basin. <...> http://mailman.lbo-talk.org/pipermail/lbo-talk/Week-of-Mon-20050523/010619.html

What's the prob Doug?

You think it's OK to poison large tracts of land just as long as it isn't IYBY?

Leigh

"If they can get you to ask the wrong questions they don't have to worry about the answers" --Thomas Pynchon Gravity's Rainbow (Proverbs for Paranoids)