[lbo-talk] Democrats lost again

Max B. Sawicky sawicky at bellatlantic.net
Wed May 25 17:21:57 PDT 2005

That was my conclusion as well. This wasn't really about judges. We're going to get the same judges, more or less. It's about displacing Frist & Co. (and Bush) from being able to do whatever they like with 51 votes.

The centrists will try to drive big, bad economic policies like SS privatization, Medicare/Medicaid cuts, and block the looniest of the fundy initiatives.

mbs

To analyze this deal, you have to recognize at least four factions in the Senate, and this deal screwed the main GOP leadership, screwed the regular Democratic leadership, and gave new power to the swing Senators of both parties, although far more to the GOP group than anyone else.

- Nathan