[lbo-talk] WSWS on Euro constitution: Vote NO

Dennis Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Wed May 25 18:05:37 PDT 2005

> A three-hundred page constitution? C'mon....

Length doesn't matter. There are good things in the constitution - the social charter, for example. And there are some neolib things, too - the dereg of services, which is a horrible idea. It's a mixed bag.

Maybe I'm just naturally devious, but I never thought the final text was going to succeed via the unanimous 25-country election process anyway. The UK, aka the 51st US state, would've shot it down. (Am I wrong about this, Ukanians?)

-- DRR