[lbo-talk] Tampa Bay: hotbed of hate groups

W. Kiernan wkiernan at ij.net
Thu May 26 19:17:47 PDT 2005

snitsnat wrote:

> ugh.

> I just heard on WMNF.org that PIE-nellas county has the

> most hate groups in FL. FL has, for its population, the

> most hate groups, according to this map of 2001.

> http://www.tolerance.org/maps/hate/index.html

Some Clearwater hate:

> Clearwater

> Published on 07-13-2004

> Kyle Maskell, 18, was sentenced to 10 days in jail and

> two years' probation for shattering an office building

> window that appeared to reflect an image of the Virgin Mary.

I think the window Kyle broke was in the office building on the Northeast corner of U.S. 19 and Drew. Shortly after the apparition (mineral deposit from a sprinkler fed by a shallow well) hit all the papers and the evening news - there were hordes of sightseers, I saw them - this one pilgrim parked his car in the shopping center lot on the Northwest corner of the intersection. He strode into the ten lanes of high-speed traffic, staring at the miraculous pane; a car hit him and he died. I remember thinking I ought to get a BB gun or a hammer and smash the stupid thing myself before anybody else got killed.

Yours WD "hateful" K - WKiernan at ij.net