[lbo-talk] New Sex drugs

Mike Ballard swillsqueal at yahoo.com.au
Sat May 28 23:57:28 PDT 2005

I think the desire/pleasure dynamic is part of own evolutionary heritage. Our interests help drive us towards more and more progress and to fight oppression--our unwanted collars. In humans, this dynamic is especially influenced by what's going on socially. In class society, women tend to be treated more as objects than as subjects. As a result of sexism, they lose "agency" and their sex lives/drives become diminished. It's not in their "nature" nor is it "pre-ordained". Repression leads to the paucity of orgasm, IMO. Still, the desire remains, embedded within humans, just like the urge for freedom.

http://www.the-clitoris.com/f_html/orgasm.htm

Regards, Mike B)

****************************************************************** "If a man rates all phenomena alike because he knows of no essence that would allow him to discriminate, he will in a fanaticized love of truth make common cause with untruth." NEGATIVE DIALECTICS--Adorno http://profiles.yahoo.com/swillsqueal