[lbo-talk] Let's review basic social science (was 'Desertion Rates')

Michael Pugliese michael.098762001 at gmail.com
Tue May 31 11:35:01 PDT 2005

Dwayne and Doug are right about Lancet. The specific point that is. It is just that I am so tired of getting handed leaflets at demos that are full of exaggerations and poor analysis and the same old same old that wouldn't begin to convince those that hate the war as much as we do but, lack any of the depth I remember from CISPES days when we all carried around books like, "The El Salvador Crisis Reader, " from Grove Press or an earlier generation had copies of The Vietnam reader edited by Marvin Gettelman, "The US In Vietnam, " by George T. McKahin, Bernard Fall, Frances Fitzgerald, etc.

And, I've been in a foul mood for two days. I mean really foul.

I need to read those right-wing lists I used to, obsessively, throw leftist stuff at 'em (though, as my experience showed before, there are just as many CB simpletons over there too, resistant to data and arguments and book and article cites), get called all sorts of scurrilous stuff, come back here or elsewhere on the left internut foras...and get called all kinds of scurrilous stuff. Rascal Pugliese P.S. Dwayne...vodka...oh the bottle of frozen Stoli I dropped and broke on the kitchen floor in college with my last $20...as tragic as me spacing out, yesterday over boiling water, which boiled all away, when I ran to the stove, it was so hot I dropped it on the floor, red hot metal flakes burning the linoleum floor...man I'm a spaz..

-- Michael Pugliese