[lbo-talk] Israel, South Africa revive defense ties after 15-year hiatus

tfast at yorku.ca tfast at yorku.ca
Tue May 31 16:16:21 PDT 2005

It is interesting to note that prior 1994 SA was something like the worlds fifth largest arms exporter. No doubt overstates the size of the local Arms industry in SA because there was alot of reselling going on. But SA did have major and sophisticated capacity and had until 1994 a "joint" nuclear program with Israel. Be interesting to see if this latest revrsal by the ANC in terms of foriegn policy is going to be followed by the revival of the arms industry in SA. Anyone heard anything in this regard,ie, any major arms deals. I would be interested know.

Travis