[lbo-talk] Why are the US-ers such assholes?

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Tue Nov 1 09:28:39 PST 2005

> Dwayne:

>> Perhaps many more people couldn't care less
>> and instead of visiting iraqwar.ru et. al. to, once
>> again, call that guy in Finland a "wingnut", spend
>> time with friends and family, watch tv, play computer
>> games, worry about their marriages and children and
>> how they're going to make the mortgage/rent...

I've always called it called "Self-Centric", and I believe it's somehow due to the societal pressures that arise when the "carrot" is always out of reach and "someone else" is ALWAYS moving the "cheese".

Eventually, it stupifies, you give up, and end up discussing the 'Niner's season instead of world affairs that you KNOW are affecting you and yours... You end up dis-eased, and that dis-ease is called "assholishness".

Leigh