[lbo-talk] Chavez vs Halloween

Tommy Kelly tkelly15450 at charter.net
Tue Nov 1 15:08:41 PST 2005

Why does Halloween keep the working class down? Because puritan leftists can't have fun with anything. I'm looking forward to talking my 9-year-old niece--who dressed up as a good witch--out of her abundance of candy.

Chuck

Oh yes, the good ol' days. I remember my mother making me dress up like a vampire, and taking be too many homes. I vividly remember, over 2 decades later, this one house I went to with my sister and cousins. It was an old house, now torn down, and the lights where out. A 30-something couple lived there. The wife came out with the house with the candy (the treat), now for the trick... the husband slowly creep up from the porch with a large knife. I was the first to see him and started to the car where my mom and aunt sat. I did this screaming my lungs out, and looked back only to see him - to my young eyes anyway - coming toward me. I can still remember my mom and aunt giving me a weird look as I tried to open, what seemed to be a locked door. Quick on my little feet, I then tried to clime the car... still screaming at the top of my lungs. Ah the good ol' days.

Oh yeah, and "abundance of candy" is a good way to lead a kid toward diabetes. Well it's, November now; lets go stuff a turkey.