[lbo-talk] Just in case you were wondering.......

N P Childs npchilds at shaw.ca
Tue Nov 1 21:26:46 PST 2005

> > A grunting, monosyllabic, violent, steroid crazed, goon for a hero, just
>the role model
> > America needs now! Truly, the hero for a time with absolutely no sense of
>irony.
>
>How is that different from the hip-hop culture, skinheads, jihad and kindred
>violent goon for a hero cults? The jihadists can at least articulate their
>ideas in full sentences and paragraphs.
>
>Wojtek

Okay, I'm way late reading my e-mail today so maybe someone has responded to this.

Ummmm, well, that was kind of the point, along with the fact that dimbulb himself is only slightly more articulate than Rambo in full frenzy.

As for the jihadists, an articulate message calling for the resurrection of the caliphate and all the medieval fun that comes with it is hardly an improvement. Being articulate only means you're articulate, and I'd argue their messages are so weighted by idiom, religious allusions and culture specific references that their articulateness is specific to their context, outside that environment much of it sounds to our ear like violent religious rhetoric.

PC

N Paul Childs 5967-157 Avenue Edmonton, Alberta, Canada T5Y 2P3

e-fax 413-683-9725 _______________________________________________________ 'Gee thanks, your validation means oh, so much to me'.

-Art 'Bones' MacDesalavo