[lbo-talk] For Woj

martin mschiller at pobox.com
Fri Nov 4 08:55:14 PST 2005

On Nov 4, 2005, at 6:07 AM, Wojtek Sokolowski wrote:

> Martin:
>> Are you suggesting that the 'list' is caricaturing you, or that it is
>> your 'characterization' of the US pop that is not given sufficient
>> consideration?
>
> I am suggesting that the American style of expression tends to be
> brash and
> bombastic, high on hyperbole and low on nuance, and that style
> creeps into
> conversations even among intelligent people.
>
> Wojtek

Your comment was ' ... most of us are also intelligent people who deserve more than a superficial reading and reduction to a caricature. '

I thought that I posed a clear question. Do your see yourself being caricatured by the list? I asked because I saw your characterization of 'American' culture as the subject of most of your critics here rather than yourself as a caricature of a provincial.

Martin