[lbo-talk] ANSWER interferes with anti-Minuteman protest

Leigh Meyers leighcmeyers at gmail.com
Fri Nov 4 10:02:42 PST 2005

On Friday, November 04, 2005 9:38 AM [PDT], Chuck0 wrote:

> People give me shit for being sectarian against left groups such as
> ANSWER, but when they lose control over their monopoly on "diversity",
> they revert to a more obvious, crass form of politics:
>
> More Reflections on Sacramento

> http://angrywhitekid.blogs.com/weblog/2005/11/more_reflection.html#more

"Speaking of cross-ideology organizing, this was probably our biggest problem as well. As I mentioned earlier, from the get-go we were trashed by Richard Becker of ANSWER when we first tried to contact and organize with Sacto groups. It seems Becker's depiction of our group led to the lack of participation of Sacramento Peace Action, which could have brought out even higher numbers. This is especially ironic, since Becker and his cronies showed up to the action anyway and even requested to speak at it. (In the end, they were not permitted to speak, but of course they tried to sell papers and dominate the event with their boring chants and crappy signs.)"

Peace Action is also a "paper peddling" organization that takes the credit for other's hard work (much like ANSWER, larouchies, and various and sundry "leftist" organizations like to do), working with them is like selling Fuller brushes, with the accent on selling ($$$) They wouldn't have "participated" as I understand "participate".

I think it's gossip, jealousy and slandermongering due to "territorial imperatives" within the Alpha (as in type A personality) organizer "community" [snicker into cuff].

Typical of ineffectual people.

Leigh www.leighm.net

Have you seen my newsfeeds?: http://leighmdotnet.blogspot.com/ Got RSS?: http://www.furl.net/members/leighm/rss.xml